Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hot Sand Glass Studio

It was one of the very first, if not the first, "art centric" shop on the boardwalk, after the most recent redevelopment effort and Madison Marquette in particular stepped up and assumed the responsibility of building a world class boardwalk. And arguably, they've done a very good job. But I have to say, Thomas Stevens, owner of Hot Sands Glass Studio has taken his business and grown it from it's very inception - organically. As a fully functioning glass studio, Thomas and his staff are able to blow, fuse and mold glass. You can either watch the artists at work, or take one of the many classes. After living in town for many years, I finally did what I've said I've wanted to do for years - and visited the studio to have Thomas show me how to blow my own glass bubble - and I'm glad I did. It was a great experience, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I got a great chance to do something I've never done before, and I walked away with an absolutely beautiful glass bubble. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!

No comments: