Monday, May 31, 2010

Asbury Park, NJ: A Great Place To Call Home

There are simply too many reasons to list why I left New York City 10 years ago to call Asbury Park, NJ my home. I thought it was because I simply wasn't a "big city boy", and indeed that immediate sense of community that I felt that 4th of July weekend was perhaps what jump started everything. But ever since, it's been a journey of no regrets. Sure, the beaches, the restaurants, the boardwalk, the shops, the condos, the homes - their all great. But it's the people - and even more than that, it's the sense of belonging. The feeling that I'm a part of making my part of the world just a little bit better. I've never felt that anywhere else before, and I really don't want to feel it anywhere else again.

I'm very happy where I'm at, and plan on being here for quite a while। And for those that want to be a part of it all - I'm more than happy to help 'em out! :-)

No comments: