Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Asbury Park Roastery

The Asbury Park Roastery

Located in this warehouse looking building on Second Ave, between Main St. and the railroad tracks....(aka nowhere) is this little unassuming place called The Asbury Park Roastery. It's here in this warehouse/store room/retail gift shop/coffee house that you will experience something very, very special. Something that will suprise even the most jaded amongst you - those very similar to myself.

Prior to stumbling on this little Guatamalian gold mine - I'd never given coffee a second thought. In fact, I usually bought mine in a dehydrated brick, as it was usually the cheapest. Flavor never really entered into it. I think I was going more for a cup of hot, brown, cream and sugar!

But God has a plan for us all! And his plan was to introduce me to this beautiful woman, named Ali, and her world of Fair Trade and Organic coffee and tea.

Without getting all mushy - I don't even know what to say, except I have never experienced anything like it. The coffee is organic, it comes from 1 of 13 different countries (a different country each day), and it's roasted/ground/and brewed within a matter of hours. Unlike the chains which will hold ground coffee for months!

And she offers FREE HOME DELIVERY! You get set up to buy 1 pound of coffee or more, and every other Friday, she will DELIVER it TO YOUR DOORSTEP!

It's incredible! Just do yourself a favor and go down there. You'll be glad you did!

No comments: