Saturday, June 12, 2010

AsburyParkMark at The Emory St. Deli



I was wondering around town the other day, hungry and with only a few dollars in my pocket. I couldn't afford a "White Truffle infused cream cheese with Strawberries" Belgium Waffle - so I decided to check out a new place (or new to me anyway)....The Emory Deli. Damn, dude! What a place. Located on Emory, of course, it's yet another one of those Asbury Park hidden treasures that we don't really know about but should. Owned and operated by Ali and his father, it's a story of hard work and perservance.

It's not that much from the outside, but on the inside, it's a friendly "bodega" type place, where the employee's know your name. They say "Hi" and actually hold a conversation with you. But the best part is the food. It's good - and it's VERY reasonable.

Take a trip off the beaten path, drop by and drop in. You'll be glad you did!

No comments: